TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sloane Stephens or Madison Keys?

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #6
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens or Madison Keys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
They always do that. As long as they don't come down on them when they're not consistently beating top players (which they won't, yet), it's alright in my book. I hope that Sloane and Madison handle the pressure better than Oudin and her weak ass game did. Sloane seems to deal pretty well, haven't seen that much from Madison, yet. I'm optimistic about both of them, though. Sloane will probably be ahead this year, but long term I could see Madison having a better career. Not saying she's a future number one, but she does have a lot of potential.
I agree with everything that you've written. Madison's serve and forehand are no joke. Lasers. But her overall game needs a lot of work and she doesn't move like Sloane or Venus or Serena.

In a way both players are compelling because if they manage to rise they'll be bringing something different to the game. Keys is a shotmaker like Kvitova and the Czechs but she's not a lefty. Stephens is the first American in a while with a game potentially suited to clay.

Interesting that Gilbert is going ballistic over Keys while Cahill has said the one player on either side of the game ATP/WTA that he'd like to coach is Stephens. That's the kind of media talk I don't mind hearing because it emphasizes that she is developing.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote