TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #472
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
What if there was some sort of a gradual transition? Caro could get used to dealing with someone else, perhaps a hitting partner or some kind of technical consultant, allbeit not in the role of a coach. Piotr could take a day off here and there.

For example, Michael Joyce started off as Sharapova's hitting partner but eventually became her coach. I'm not suggesting him as a coach for Caro, just an example.
Caro is very comfortable with her dad as coach.
A lot of players would have done something drastic in Caro's situation. Nadia was doing great late last year & changed coaches. Sabine just added Sanchez

Whether Caro is right to keep this situation, we will know as years go by. She's obviously not in a panic situation (she just went on vacation)
Look at Vika's draw this year. Wouldnt you dream of Caro having that at a hardcourt major in 2011?
But the key to having a good draw is to get thru it. Sometimes a draw totally falls apart. But it doesnt matter if you already lost to a noncontender
Thats why I saw nothing wrong with losing to Dani & Domi. The tour was going back to hardcourt, and Serena & Kim getting older, Maria wins majors years apart. Just stay the course and build on your foundation.
But thats gone, and maybe gone forever
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!