TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #1195
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
I know! What an opportunity with a slam draw opening up like that. I think Laura definitely has the potential to surpass Sloane, if she can bring an all round higher level of consistency to her game. I believe that if Laura and Sloane both played at their best Laura would win. She just needs to find her US open form again.

Interestingly Sloane is really a slow developer ranking wise compared to some of the younger top players (Caro, Vika, Aga and even Ana). If you compare rankings at 17, 18, 19 Sloane is really a year (or two in Caro and Ana's cases) behind them. Laura is about 9 months behind Vika and Aga. Crazy to think Caro and Ana were ranked just outside the top 10 before they were 19 . Wonder if Vekic can meet their rate of progress. Although they also show being the youngest is not always the best, slower more steady progress can be better in the long run).
Yeah just look at larcher de brito and cornet.(just staying with the current generation of girls born since 1989)
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote