TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:39 PM   #659
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Some words on her.

As it is pretty usual in Germany for tennisplayers she decided to finish school (btw. on the highest level) and is generally interested in many different things beside the court.

Mona is more a soft-spoken woman, very humble and imo pretty sensible overall when you look for instance at the way she handles(d) the disease of her mother.
In an interview she mentioned on the question what she would do if she had a lot of money she would incorporate a foundation for alternative cancer research.
That does not mean that she`s a new Mother Theresa but she cares for such things and she knows that life is not all about tennis.

When you look on her career and developement so far you have to say that she always had a pretty unprofessional und also unconventional environment. And so is her play.
It`s not yet matured and she`s on her own on the court. Her mum surely is not the professional help she would need at times. Some of her strokes and her readiness for competition still reminds me at absolute tennis beginners, But she`s working on it and her forehand shuffle at least has got some length in the meanwhile.
Of course Mona has still a very long way to go as a tennisplayer.

Mona (and her family) seems not to work excepionally success-oriented and we have to accept that. Things will probably change when she will not improve in the near future

It would be a wonderful story to me if she, as a little different player and person, could find her way and fulfil her potential as a tennis professional.
Indeed a nice and thoughtful post on Mona and her approach to her career. It reminds me that we should be careful about our expectations concerning her development as a tennis player.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote