TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 ITF rule change: on-court coaching allowed

View Single Post

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:25 PM   #5
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 ITF rule change: on-court coaching allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkorazzi View Post
Lol, like they needed a rule for this I've never seen an ITF match without coaching,
Me either. It's sortof the equivalent of legalizing pot.

Although, I have to say, I did notice ONE warning last week at Port St. Lucie from the chair for coaching. Just one. That was surprising. I think it was Bencic, in her match with Muhammad, but I am not positive.

But the amount of chatter and hand gestures from coaches and fathers is pretty extreme, IMO. I was standing next to Abaza's coach in her match against Heidi El Tabakh, and the guy didn't shut up. Tomova's father is a motormouth, too. Whether it crosses the line or not, it's hard to say, but I'd rather have them have a hard and fast rule to do it on a changeover or between sets and then get penalized any other time rather than the way it is now.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote