TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM   #465
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She may get an "easy" draw in Kuala Lumpur but as far as slams/madatories/premiers go I think that until she significantly raises her game every draw will be tough. When was the last time that she played a match and, as a fan, you were not worried that she might lose?
About "easy draws" - I was against Caro making any major changes going into 2011 hardcourt summer because she was going deep in every hardcourt draw.
Stuff happens. Like Serena having a mild injury in doubles and losing in singles. If that happened in 2011 USO Caro might have been in the USO final vs Stosur. Then Sam wouldnt be a huge underdog like she was vs Serena. She might have played a nervous match like her FO semi loss this year to Errani.
Then Caro wins 2011 USO.
So I was always against making severe changes when you are getting to almost hardcourt slam semi.

Now she doesnt get thru any slam or Tier ! draws. So if they wanted to change her mechanics on forehand &/or serve, I would be all for it.
Do it now, it they really think it would help her game.
I dont see how she's a contender at next 2 majors now. She wasnt going thru FO & Wimbledon draws at her best anyway. This would be the right time to fix something or change something.
At worst, she cant do it and you go back to her current style late this summer
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!