TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ...HardCourt II

Thread: ...HardCourt II
View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:14 PM   #901
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of
Re: ...HardCourt II

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I actually think Sam's mini-whoring in Asia was a disaster that she'd do best never to repeat. It's the only time I can remember ever seeing her play tournaments mainly for points, and by the time she got to Istanbul she was paying the price for that big time.
You are right but last year, two unfortunate elements lead to that: her result at RG and the massive point loss generated, and her 9th ranking in real danger in the second part of the year. She had then to chase for points in an unusual way, that's right. The second point is her left foot injury: we didn't know it was the case, but during that Asia race, I'm sure she was suffering a lot, until the end of Istanbul, i.e. the end of the season itself. She was also close to some burn out, but her left foot I'm sure was more than a pain. So I wouldn't be too definitive of classifying it all as a disaster. I'm more in She did what she had to do, without complaining. And She finally secured her ranking while playing at Istanbul - even if it was only as replacing someone, and the result was partly ugly. Not so bad for me regarding the situation, Sam.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote