TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Australian summer-start of 2013!

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #488
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Australian summer-start of 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Well I finally watched the match. There wasn't much Kiri could do with Serena playing so well, cleanly and powefully. Serena served an amazing 87% on first serves. Wow. That is unreal since she generally goes for alot on her first serves. She pinned Kiri to the baseline in rallies and overwhelmed her with depth and power. I only wish Kiri played more slices and forehand fades in this match. But that's easier said than done because Serena's ball comes hard and heavy and there isn't much time for Maria to prepere for slices, fade shots or drop shots. I really hoped Kiri would do much better in this match than win only 2 games but it wasn't to be.
I fully agree. And even when Maria had the opportunity to be more creative, those opportunities were so few and far between that she never could achieve the momentum or confidence with those shots that we would've liked to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMasha23 View Post
here is a nice video of Maria to lighten the loss to Serena. http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...ame=open_drive
Thanks
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote