TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1878
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Some people would, although even though all these Final losses suck, going the one extra is great for her maintaining the 80% match win stat, assuming she'll have one or two mediocre/sucky years before retirement.
But I just don't understand that mindset atall though, and never have. Like, I've just never seen ANYONE try and detract from a player's greatness by saying "yeah well, they lost a lot of finals". I just don't understand why someone would say it's better to lose in an early round rather than lose in a final

I mean, do people say Capriati is greater than fellow 3-Slam-titles Davenport, just because Capriati never lost a Slam final? Davenport is obviously greater, and one of the reasons for that is because she made so many more Slam finals. I dunno, it would be the strangest thing in the world to me if someone suggested Capriati was greater just because she didn't make those extra finals that Davenport did in the first place, even if she ended up losing them.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote