TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1881
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Btw, Fighterpova, I don't want to look like I'm bullying you, but are you SERIOUS when you say you'd prefer a loss in the semifinals over a loss in the final?!?
Some people would, although even though all these Final losses suck, going the one extra is great for her maintaining the 80% match win stat, assuming she'll have one or two mediocre/sucky years before retirement.

IDK even if she gets past Li, which is certainly NOT a given by any means, I'll still watch the Final vs Serena.

I've actually thought about the whole Maria 'finals block' thing and I'm not sure I buy it, I think people need to realise that Maria has played pretty shit in most of her non-clay tournaments since she's came back, and on the many occasions she's managed to make the Final she's duly lost. You can't just pull tennis out of your ass if you haven't shown glimpses of it in several prior tournaments never mind the tournament you're playing in. I mean looking at her Finals, based on form the only surprising losses are perhaps Li in Birmingham, the epic choke to Clijsters and Aga although we grossly underestimated her.
It sucks that there has been two Slam Finals lost and a lot to the loathsome Vika but Maria will win when she's playing well enough to win. Which is why she hasn't lost a Final on clay, she's one of the best on the surface consistently.

[/rant]

Anything can happen, I'm not losing hope.