Well here is what Groeneweld says about Svetlanas way to play:
MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): - Caroline has today shown her desire to participate at the highest level, said Adidas coach Sven Groeneveld.
- She can see herself in the mirror and she even sends a signal to her competitors that she is back as the warrior she is.
However he was also annoyed of the outcome:
- Caroline had her chances in the third set, but she meets a player with lots of experience, who apparently has found new inspiration and hunger.
- When you play against her, then you know that she varies speed and rhythm and is taking long breaks. She does everything to distract Carolines rhythm, and she had success with it, said the Dutchman with address to Kuznetsovas toilet and treatment breaks.
- She does it on purpose. She is able to go into the head of the other player. Caroline tries to handle it, but you can not take away from Kuznetsova that it is part of her game.
- Is this sportsmanship? She will have to live with it. She is happy to win because she tricks her opponent.
She also did it in US Open in 2009 and since then I've seen it a lot of times and to me she should be fined for it in one way or the other it's not ok and has nothing to do with fair play.