TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM   #1874
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
When the draw was made I saw quite a few posts saying "at least her draw isn't a cakewalk this time" when they saw she had to play Vee.
Believe it or not, at the last FIVE SLAMS RUNNING, Maria has got handed extremely tough draws at the beginning At both the AO and RG last year, she was drawn to play Serena in the QFs. Then obviously she got Pironkova and Lisicki just in the first 4 rounds at Wimbledon. And at the US Open she was slated to play USO Series winner Kvitova in the QFs. If these idiots think she's been getting cakewalks up til now, then let's see what they say when she ACTUALLY gets cakewalk draws of the type Serena's got at the last 2 Slams

I thought Maria was ok today, nothing more. I don't know about anyone else, but I actually thought she seemed to be playing deliberately more conservatively today -- she didn't seem to be going for as much from the first shot of the rally as she has for most of this tournament, and she was smothering her forehand with more topspin a la Claypova. I guess I can't complain seeing as she got through so comfortably, but I do think she's going to have to be better next round
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote