TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ashleigh Barty

Thread: Ashleigh Barty
View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:36 PM   #890
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Yes, through winning the junior tournie in 2011, won't be the case for this year, so if she gets one it will be discretionary. As we discussed previously. it can't hurt her development by playing quallies in a slam or two so I hope TA don't lobby the Wimbledon committee for one.

As for the French, its not as clear cut was we may think. Jarka and Casey both are sitting outside the cut-off now and have till May to rectify this.... if not they are in the running. And if Bobusic continues to impress she may be in the picture too.

Its a pity that TA have ditched the play-off for the non-AO wildcards that they run a couple of years ago. A playoff with Ash, Jarka, Casey, Rodionova's x 2, Liv, Jones, Mon, Bojana would be great preparation for the French for these girls.

Yes that's what I was saying about her Wimbledon 2012 WC. Don't think TA will lobby the Wimbledon Committee unless she plays very well between now and then which is unlikely.

As for the French, yes all the girls(except Stosur ) are currently out of the cut-off. I think Dellacqua will make it directly, it will be interesting to see how they perform in the coming months.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote