TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1170
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Perhaps one day she will. We can only hope.

Arguably, Laura's progressed further than Sloane had at the same time. Her results against top players are already better and she's actually reached a tour final.
I agree here. Laura is still a good year behind Sloane in terms of tennis years but her progression is much better. Two consecutive 3rd rounds at grand slams, two top 10 players beaten, former world number 1 beaten and a tour final all starting from that semi final in Palermo

And if we just think about it, this time last year, Laura was about to enter a 25K in ITF, where she lost in the QF. This year will be more of a consolidation year for her, getting to second week of wimbledon and USO and winning a tour title, will be enough to set her up for 2014 which i predict will be the year for laura

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote