TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ashleigh Barty

Thread: Ashleigh Barty
View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM   #886
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Well, she earned her Wimbledon WC last year. As for the French in 2013, the alternative will be Rogowskwa which is not really a better choice. I will really be stunned if she is not in top 100 by Dec 2014.
Yes, through winning the junior tournie in 2011, won't be the case for this year, so if she gets one it will be discretionary. As we discussed previously. it can't hurt her development by playing quallies in a slam or two so I hope TA don't lobby the Wimbledon committee for one.

As for the French, its not as clear cut was we may think. Jarka and Casey both are sitting outside the cut-off now and have till May to rectify this.... if not they are in the running. And if Bobusic continues to impress she may be in the picture too.

Its a pity that TA have ditched the play-off for the non-AO wildcards that they run a couple of years ago. A playoff with Ash, Jarka, Casey, Rodionova's x 2, Liv, Jones, Mon, Bojana would be great preparation for the French for these girls.