TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Articles and Interviews

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM   #3137
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Here is a transcript of her post match press conference (Kuznetsova loss):
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...739896956.html

"I had my chances and I didn't take them." I wonder how many times she says that after a loss? This is certainly not the first time she has said those words and I have to ask when is she going to learn the lesson? She had so many chances to break in the middle of the third set, had she been braver she probably would have won.
I hear what you say and normally I would think the same. But I do feel it differently this time and I don't actuall feel "here we go again" because I think this is the best she's played for a long time but lost and if she can continue to play like she did - she will win a lot more matches for sure. I'm far far far far more concerned that she keep the standard of play than the fact that she might've played few shots differently. If she consistently made more winners than UEs and stats like 23 - 22 she did - that would have an affect on her results. But that's a big if and my biggest fear is that she won't keep up playing as well as she did in a match she lost.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote