TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ?

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM   #73
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Then there is no way we should forget Seles (especially early 90s) for this. And also her mental strength.
I'm racking my brain try to think of how that applies to Seles. i don't remember any player owning her that she was able to turn around a losing H2H against. She had bad records against Hingis, Serena, Davenport, and Venus- and while she did manage to get a wins over everyone of them, she wasn't able to turn around any those losing H2Hs into winning records.

Re:Mental Strength, no one w.a half a brain can deny she was one of the all time greats in that aspect, but personally I don't think mental strength plays a huge role in tennis IQ. Maybe there are some other aspects of her game that you can argue that showed her tennis IQ though. w.out putting a lot of thought into it i guess i didn't think of Seles as a tactician out on the courts. She does incorporate angles like a tennis master so that's something I guess...
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote