TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Konjuh

Thread: Ana Konjuh
View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1179
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Maybe it's because it's for the first time on some Grand Slam or GA in general that she is #1 or #2 favorite...

Everybody expects her to make at least the final and she knows that she is in the position to take #1 spot next Monday...

I think she is not going from match to match like she did when she was underdog but she thinks few steps in forward and that's not a good thing, she is still to young and unexperienced for something like that...when she was 4-0 up in the first she started to think about something else I think, there is no other explanation, she is far better player, or maybe she is just not in form yet but then she wouldn't start with 4-0, she would have troubles from the very beginning of the match...

I think it's a mental problem and I think that she will play better against better players. Then she wouldn't have time to think about nothing else but a match that she plays at the moment.

She is already the youngest girls that is still in the draw
This completely
She has never had closing problems before, at least since I have been following her, so she's obviously feeling the pressure
Can you blame her though??? She is in every ITF Juniors article and Donna has even talked about her. She really is quite known, especially for someone who hasn't won a slam

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!