TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1169
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
The Kvitova match isn't that bad.

I don't know why Robson isn't more successful; she's got a big lefty serve, a big lefty forehand and a nice backhand, not to mention she's obviously improving her mental game as proven by the Petra match. If she was just a little bit faster...
Foot speed isn't the main issue. Her ability to control rallies with pure power makes it less exploitable of a weakness than it really should be. Though she should still work on it, just so that she can be in better positions when hitting I just don't see it as a number 1 priority. If Laura is requiring an extended rally to find a chance to hit a winner (or more likely at the moment, an error) something's wrong.

Her biggest problems at the moment are consistency related. She needs to work on getting her big shots in, rather than giving her opponents free points. She's got those shots, but that isn't useful if her forehand's sending more balls long or into the net than count as winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
It'd be great if Laura had her own players forum.

You can request one here:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...439739&page=17
Eh by the attention Laura gets, the S+C section should be changed to the Laura Robson section with the other players relegated to a subforum. She's gotten more posts in her threads than Anne, Bally, Heather and Konta combined and more views than every other thread in the entire section combined. I know, I checked.

I'm being facetious but this forum pretty much is the Laura Robson (and her friends) section already.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote