TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ?

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM   #68
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Hingis, and current Serena are a few that come to mind.

Radwanska is smarter than most players, but I don't think she's brilliant. Just because you use drop shots and are underpowered does not mean you have a high tennis IQ.
I totally agree re Radwanska. Having good anticipation and playing some tricky surprise shots is far from anything related to Tennis IQ. Plus there's numerous occasions on which she makes questionable decisions, like my earlier example of her serving into Azarenka's BH so much when they play. Anyone with decent tennis knowledge would know you have to avoid the Azarenka BH ROS.

Hingis is the only right winner here.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote