TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Welcome to the Top 20 Sloane Stephens!

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM   #26
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Welcome to the Top 20 Sloane Stephens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Her performance in the majors though is underwhelming when you think about it. With the exception of the French, she lost to the first seeded player she faced. Which will probably happen here as well, since she's up against Serena. Stephens was lucky enough to avoid facing seeded players until she could get some major points out of it.

Don't get me wrong, Stephens is a very good and consistent player. You don't get to the top 20 by being a bad player but she really hasn't had what I'd call an impressive run to date.
Not true. Defeated Cetkovska, #25 at Wimbledon, and pushed Lisicki, grass goat, to 3 sets at Wimbledon. No impressive runs but she also really doesn't play a lot, either. She'll get there, no worries.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote