TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM   #422
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
I believe her bad results are a mix of lesser committment to tennis than before (it started when Caroline realised that there are other good things besides tennis) and obvious lack of self confidence (which she lost after those losses to inferior players)...
I thought she really understood what she did well and what she didnt. I used to say that all the time, that she used her skillset well.
Now when you see her missing overheads on key points. You dont HAVE to hit an overhead. The goal is to win the point. Its same with so many unforced forehand errors. An aggressive forehand is a risky shot for Caroline.

I think she still works hard, but she doesnt play to her strengths, and she is not improving.
I dont see any part of her game improving, but I see a lot of errors doing things she didnt use to do.

I think its part coaching, but mostly, its mental. She just cant focus and be steady anymore. That creates a mot of missed opportunities

Most of her losses the part 18 months she was in the match, at least close to 1 set all, if not close to winning the match. But she isnt losing to Vika & rarely to Serena & Maria.
Its mostly early round losses that she used to routinely win
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!