TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Ana's articles~

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM   #4006
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic fails to find traction
BY: MARGIE MCDONALD From: The Australian January 21, 2013 12:00AM

THE real Ana Ivanovic needs to find her way back through the fog, or a career that promised so much five years ago may fade away.

The 25-year-old won the French Open title in 2008, but after being blitzed 6-2 6-4 last night by Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska, she seems a long way from those heights.

After showing glimpses of her old self in early round wins over Melinda Czink (Hungary), Yung-Jan Chan (Taiwan), and fellow Serbian Jelena Jankovic, where she dropped only one set throughout, Ivanovic's game fell apart against Radwanska in last night's fourth round.

Radwanska, the fourth seed, is on a whirlwind ride right now. She took the Auckland title in four matches, the Sydney crown in five, and is four and still counting in Melbourne. Last night's routine win over Ivanovic was her 13th straight win.

"She was more aggressive in the second set. She has good volleys and moves around the court well. There were some long, tight games," Radwanska said, in a gracious bow to her opponent.
"But in the important moments I was very focused."

In the break points, Ivanovic crumbled.

"I really felt like I could challenge her, and it was really frustrating in the second set. I had so many chances," Ivanovic said.

She was ranked No 15 at the end of last year, which was her best finish since her Roland Garros triumph: "I guess sometimes results don't come as early as you expect them. Sometimes it takes time for things to fall in place because I definitely feel my game is in a higher level than it was over the last few years."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226557810362

The bolded quote feels so surreal to me.. Results don't come as early as you expect? Define early, right? Its been 5 years. And then sometimes things take time to fall into place? I hate this kind of thought process.. its as if its not in your hands, but in the universe's hands, and suddenly, at some point, stars will simply align. I mean.. WTF?!

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote