TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Is Sloane Stephens the most popular American in the WTA?

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:11 AM   #63
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is Sloane Stephens the most popular American in the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnomyBC View Post
Yeah, she's like a 3rd Williams sister for people who are tired of Serena and want to root for a new Williams sister who's like an underdog and maybe has a better personality. And plus I think she reminds people of Michael Jackson when he was still black and wasn't so obviously weird (and was alive). But for me the one who has a special place in my heart will always be Harkleroad
I think some people like Sloane because she's good but I also think it is kind like those people who claim to be fans of Chanda Rubin and not the Williams Sisters.

I think some people are going to support Sloane but hope she doesn't get to the Williams Sisters level.

Rubin, also African American was a solid top 15 occasional top 10 player but her problem was her game wasn't powerful, consistent or explosive as the Williams Sisters.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote