TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Martina Navratilova VS Serena Williams

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:33 AM   #95
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martina Navratilova VS Serena Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1111 View Post
Serena has the most fearsome serve -- i.e. the most important stroke -- in women's tennis history, and it would be the case even if everyone used the same technology. (She uses natural gut strings by the way.)
Bold part uncertain, not true at all, he can't know how other generation of players would fare.
Also Graf's forehand certainly won Steffi much more points and matches outright than Serena, a lot of people seem to forget.

Quote:
She is the best athlete in women's tennis history, likely the fastest and the strongest.
Strongest yes, fastest LOL, she is not even in the league of Graf/Sanchez Vicario for crying out loud.
Probably briefly during 2002 she held that kind of on court speed, but mostly Serena looks in trouble when she is forced to move around the court.

Quote:
And she competes as well as any athlete -- not tennis player; athlete -- you'll ever come across.
This is one of the most laughable quotes ever, Serena who has indeed TANKED tons of lower Tier events in her carreer? Seriously?

Day in, day out, she comes way short against the legends of this sport in this category.

Quote:
But I think it counts for a lot that no one has ever played tennis at a higher level than Serena has.
Here i agree, pretty much with her 2002 level Serena was simply untouchable and her fitness peak allowed oponnents single digit winners in most matches.
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote