TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #4611
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, even leaving aside the moral issues involved I just don't think these movies work well as movies, as in movies as an art form, so to speak. They all just tend to look very amateurish to me. The last amateurish looking horroflick that I saw and kinda liked was the "Blairwitch project", and you actually get to see very little in that one and yet there's real suspense throughout. The concept has been done to death since then, but at the time it was very original and although I'm not a big fan of that type of movie I had to admit that it was a great idea and a job well done.
I've never watch Blair With Project actually, those real time 'home video' films hurt the shit out of my eyes.
I'm not sure if I'd recommended it in here but I watch one around Halloween called The House of The Devil. It's only a couple of years old but it's made like a seventies horror. It's a slow burner but I found it very enjoyable and not too much OTT gore. It's made by a guy called Ti West, he makes only horrors pretty much and they're all slow-burning, some aren't that good but they're at least thought about and more enjoyable than those in cinemas.