TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #395
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Other players dont blow up their style of play like Caro did. She won by being the steadiest player on tour, then stopped playing steady. Maybe she was burned out & couldnt play long points anymore. If thats what happened, she should have taken more time off. If she really believed she could just start swinging away on her forehand, like its easy to pound balls near the line, then she found out its not easy.
The reason she isnt improving is that she didnt continue to develop her game while still playing her best tennis. You want to improve what you dont do well, but dont go away from what you do best
To me, that it took her a year and a half to start playing steady again is not understandable. I still dont get what she was thinking that whole period of time
I think that it is too early to say that she is playing steady again. She had a good patch last fall but we are still very early in the new season and she did not look at all steady in Brisbane/Sydney. I think that maybe once the hardcourt season ends at the end of March would be a good time to evaluate where she is.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!