TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #391
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

Other players seem to be able to add to their games or improve existing aspects but Caro doesn't seem to be able to.

I find it frustrating that she can't get herself something basic like a decent/solid forehand or a good 1st serve.
Other players dont blow up their style of play like Caro did. She won by being the steadiest player on tour, then stopped playing steady. Maybe she was burned out & couldnt play long points anymore. If thats what happened, she should have taken more time off. If she really believed she could just start swinging away on her forehand, like its easy to pound balls near the line, then she found out its not easy.
The reason she isnt improving is that she didnt continue to develop her game while still playing her best tennis. You want to improve what you dont do well, but dont go away from what you do best
To me, that it took her a year and a half to start playing steady again is not understandable. I still dont get what she was thinking that whole period of time
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!