TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO R4: Radwanska def. Ivanovic 62 64

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #112
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO R4: Radwanska def. Ivanovic 62 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
didn't watch the match but i would bet my life on her trying to do so this is another feature of aga - apart from the top3 all players are always trying to show her that her cat&mouse drop/lob insideout shit is nothing spectacular and always try to mimic that. with horrible outcome of course (bar cetkovska and one forgotten match against kerber)
Nah. I don't think it's Ana trying to show Aga anyhing It's probably just her lack of confidence in her own strengths.
However, there is something to it; Ana at the net is not a bad idea: Ana won 15/21, Aga 5/10.
So...yeah, it's the way to go, and she should do it more often. It's in general a good strategy - being tall, and having a good reach, if she is good at volleying, why not? It should in theory be one of her strenghts. However, being patient...to a degree yes, but to try to "outpateint" Aga and play cat and mouse...no.

Oh well, Ana is a master at trying to be someone else (and failing), and she's been successfull at that since RG.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote