TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #428
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
No biggie, I obviously see many things that may be improved in Petra's team, preparation methods, potential moving to a warmer country, etc. and we've discussed these issues here many times, but it's up to Petra, if she takes the necessary steps or not

I'm just not a fan of cheap digs or fast conclusions like somebody is a 'clown', 'idiot', 'amateur', etc. when things are not perfect.

Any civilized discussion is warmly welcomed

Last, I would have loved if Ivan Lendl were appointed Petra's coach. Could you imagine the results? We all know that Lendl, sometimes dubbed 'Father of Modern Tennis', would force Petra work hard, improve her diet, etc. and bring her to a higher level. There's little doubt that Lendl >>>> Kotyza

But this is just wishful thinking, he opted for Andy and good for them both.
I dont think it would work. He would need someone who was willing to be almost machine-like in the training, or a veteran who knows exactly what they need to give them the mental edge, sort of like the Na-Rodriguez setup. Murray really wanted that extra last bit of coaching to become a champion and he was willing to push himself to the limit. Cant see how well Kvitova would react to that kind of coaching.
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote