TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #382
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
It's a question of touch: Aga has it, Caro doesn't and if she ever had the chance to acquire it, it should have been worked on +10 years ago. I also wish Caro could hit more drop shots/slices/etc., but when she tries to, you can see that she doesn't have the natural fingerspitzengefühl - she only makes the intended shot like half the time - and I don't think she'd get much better at it now even with 1000 hours of training.
Caro may add a small thing or two to her game in the future (and hopefully improve her serve) but it's unlikely she'll ever be hitting shots she doesn't fully believe in on a regular basis, so I think we must get used to the idea that this is pretty much what her game is... and then admire her for what she has accomplished with great stamina and spirit despite her limited hitting repetoire.
Every year around this time I am excited to see what she has been working on in the offseason and what changes/improvements she has made to her game and every year I am inevitably disappointed. I would save myself a bit of heartache if I started believing the bolded part of your post but I guess that I am too much of an optimist to think that this is as good as her game is going to get.

You do make some good points, maybe Caroline lacks "touch" in the same way that she lacks "power," but I still can't help believing that she is capable of making significant improvements to her game. Her shots may not look pretty but I don't think that means they can't be effective.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!