TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #380
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I find it a bit frustrating how limited Caroline's game is compared to Agnieszka's. Agnieszka certainly lacks power, particularly on her serve, but she makes up for that in the variety that her game has. I really think that Caroline would benefit greatly if she added more shots to her game and gave herself more options in how she wins points. When you look at the types of shots that Caroline uses it is a little shocking how much success she has had with such a basic game. How much better could she be if she mastered more shots?
It's a question of touch: Aga has it, Caro doesn't and if she ever had the chance to acquire it, it should have been worked on +10 years ago. I also wish Caro could hit more drop shots/slices/etc., but when she tries to, you can see that she doesn't have the natural fingerspitzengefühl - she only makes the intended shot like half the time - and I don't think she'd get much better at it now even with 1000 hours of training.
Caro may add a small thing or two to her game in the future (and hopefully improve her serve) but it's unlikely she'll ever be hitting shots she doesn't fully believe in on a regular basis, so I think we must get used to the idea that this is pretty much what her game is... and then admire her for what she has accomplished with great stamina and spirit despite her limited hitting repetoire.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Jan 20th, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!