TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #4564
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Is the Cambridge test widely used then or did you guys all apply there?

I could PM a reading list if you want.
Also, not sure why there is brochures etc on the tests, most people over here struggle with those aspects at GCSE level which is why A* grades in English are so rare over here and so few people pursue it. Maybe they want to know where your at compared to native speakers but IMO its a bit too much.
There is Cambridge that has 3 levels - First, Advanced & Proficiency. First is basically a non-entity, with Advanced you can apply to universities, passing Proficiency you may practice teaching granted in some 3rd worl country. Then there are IELTS & TOEFL which are considerably easier but they expire in 2 years' time hence they are mainly sit just for unis.

The writing task are really weird and unorthodox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
76% is impossible for me I guess
I was mad as fuck when I got it. I was so lazy and neglected the writing; need just 4 % for an A.