TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2013

Thread: Fed Cup 2013
View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #30
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Sorry if I don't join the party but this thread is turning into a bit too much of a "let's bitch about people we don't like fest" for my liking.

Blaming DT for playing Rodionova 3 times is ridiculous. She was easily the second highest ranked singles player present at the time, and he backed her to come good. The best thing about Taylor as a captain was that he stuck by his players, and didn't sow panic by making sudden changes at the first sign of trouble. Nastya should have won both those singles matches. That she didn't win one was hardly DT's fault. Ditto for the doubles.

Not that this is a DC thread in the first place, but from where I see it Tomic was behaving like an idiot, and the suspension seems to have had a positive effect on him, so where's the problem? And why should Rafter need anybody's permission to take a holiday whenever and wherever he likes, as long as it's not during DC week?

Not saying either of these guys are perfect, but for my money it's a bit too easy to just blame them for every real and imagined thing that goes wrong.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote