TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #39
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
But McKendry's job is not to be a tennis expert, it's to be a host, which she does well at. Yes, she may flub names a lot and she tends to look plastic, but I still think she could get through a match without saying something as stupid as the things Evert says. To present yourself to the audience as an expert, which is assumed of a commentator, and say that the way to beat Maria Sharapova is to hit short balls or to say that a player who has made two slam semis has never play on a center court is ridiculous.
I'm not interested in her role. I'm interested in how she does her job. She's poor. I prefer Hannah Storm to her. The best host is Chris Fowler, but with Dick retiring from tennis, he has to fill Dick's spot as a play-by-play guy. Rinaldi is pretty bad, too.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote