TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #37
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
What's so bad about this? She had an opinion, made a mistake and owned up to it. That actually was the best JJ's played.
It struck me as very odd that "up and coming future british GOAT Laura Robson" was taken out by JJ 62 60 and that JJ also won her 2cd round match in straight sets and JJ has millions in prize money, a former world #1, a Grand Slam finalist and multiple Grand Slam semifinalist was no match for an American teenager who wasn't even ranked inside the top 40 and struggled to beat Marina Erakovic (who I believe was outside the top 100 in that match) in 3 sets the round before.

It just struck me as kind of stupid, and quite frankly being biased towards an American. There is no problem with giving McHale credit, but to say JJ was no match for her and McHale should be through easily was very weird.
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote