TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #31
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of
Re: Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
I don't mind Chrissie, but the one thing that bothers me is that she uses everyone's full name. It's OK to use just a first or last name. Honestly, Chris McKendry bothers me far more.
But McKendry's job is not to be a tennis expert, it's to be a host, which she does well at. Yes, she may flub names a lot and she tends to look plastic, but I still think she could get through a match without saying something as stupid as the things Evert says. To present yourself to the audience as an expert, which is assumed of a commentator, and say that the way to beat Maria Sharapova is to hit short balls or to say that a player who has made two slam semis has never play on a center court is ridiculous.
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote