TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SHOCKING: Cyclist Saga Soon Coming To an End - Lance Amstrong To Admit To DOPING

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #90
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future
Re: SHOCKING: Cyclist Saga Soon Coming To an End - Lance Amstrong To Admit To DOPING

I'm so sick of the "all the things he did for cancer" defense. He started the Lance Armstrong Foundation / Livestrong for two uncharitable purposes: 1) to cut himself a paycheck and 2) as a PR shield.

The second part was obvious if you've listened to his denials for the past 12 years. There's always a part in there about his critics undermining his cancer charity work.

I found out the first part during all the information that's been unearthed this past year. Guys, Livestrong was paying Lance Armstrong appearance fees to show up at events!!!

And the money went to "cancer awareness", and not "cancer research."

...except the money that went to the Livestrong lobbyist who went to the Capitol and had talks with politicians to try to get them to stop various investigations/litigations going on against Armstrong personally. That didn't have anything to do with cancer awareness or cancer research... unless you think of LA as being a cancer himself.

Last edited by cynicole : Jan 20th, 2013 at 02:15 AM.
cynicole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote