TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships?

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #1
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships?

I suppose you can include tennis in general and not just the WTA.

To clarify: I know that people here have gotten into some pretty heated discussions, and of course, as fans of the sport, I can imagine that debates can happen in the real world, too, but what is the most intense experience you've had when it comes to dealing with your tennis fanaticism in the real world?

I thought I would be more intense about it, but my doubles partner is actually a Serena fan. I can't stand Serena Williams (I supported Justine Henin), but we bond over our mutual hatred for Maria Sharapova.

I think that this sort of over-the-top fanaticism involves team sports, most of the time.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote