TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #202
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

Hopefully, Pav and Saf will feel a little self-conscious of the "upset bug" ... Seeded doubles girls are not immune from getting their butts kicked, as we have seen (except maybe for Venus and Serena, who will surely win it all, barring miracles or acts of voodoo performed against them).

Mirjana and Jelena are not favored, for sure. But as mentioned before this is her best shot at ~some~ return to a Grand Slam quarterfinal or semi "format". Her chances for that in singles are certainly escaping. (If you have an opening against big players in the first round of a major, you either take it or you don't ... the opportunities come only once a year in each Slam.) Still, given her desire to work hard and maybe find that "missing link" in her game, I totally believe Mirjana can reach at least one Grand Slam final-16 or win some WTA-level tournament, before she is done. In fact, I expect she will do at least one very significant result before she says a well-deserved sayonara.

So maybe she is not going to become a Top 20-30 "regular." Big deal. She can still win a WTA-level event in singles. But first she and JJ need to pounce on this dubs chance. Practicing together for a few days should help. Hope good things come to them.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote