TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena and Maria are in the best shape ever

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #31
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena and Maria are in the best shape ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYNJ View Post
I have been following Venus and Serena's career from the the very beginning and serena is a muh better tennis play now than she was in 2002. By looking at her unforced error to winner ratio most of the time today she hits more winners than ue. Her serve is much better today also, I don't think Serena ever got past 119 mph during her 2002-2003 form. Her volleys are much better today also it's like day and night I used to cringe when serena was up at net especially hitting and overhead. (Watch Serena's matches in 2002-2003 her overheads will make you cringe. All I can say about her 2002-2003 form was that she was a better athlete than she is today which allowed her to dominate.
I can never concede that Serena is a better shot maker, and therefore overall player, today than she was 10 years until she wins the French Open again. Back then her game was equally deadly on all surfaces, and the new Super-Serena still has to show that. She was INSANE off the ground for all of 2002, especially during her US Open title and clay season. No-one could forget some of the rallies at the French against Capriati. I haven't seen anything off the ground yet on that level from 2012-2013 Serena yet.

Of course you're completely right that in many aspects there has been a huge improvement, which is insane that Serena can actually get better at 31 years old.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote