TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #373
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Horrible? This ratio is typical when she wins Caro is not exactly famous for hitting many winners in a match
I said this in the GM results thread. I don't think 5W and 17 UEs is good. That's a difference of minus 12. But if you break down the match - nearly all those UEs were in the 1st set. She got the UEs under control and made 2W to 4UEs after 0-1 in the 2nd set. There were 3 stages in the match:
  1. 1st set when she leaked too many UEs and only 3 winners. I didn't actually see it. But the stats aren't good.
  2. After 0-1 the first part of the 2nd set - she stopped the UEs and played really well trying and succeeded in taking control of points. She also hit 2 great winners. At this point she didn't look in any danger of losing the way she was playing.
  3. Second half of 2nd set where she went completely passive - but at least she kept the UEs out. But I was pretty nervous. She was very vulnerable and she was totally reliant on her opponent making errors.
Now if she could play like she did in first part of 2nd set against Sveta with controlled aggression and not making UEs.... That's how I'd like her to play.

Anyway - really hope she wins against Sveta and puts right that loss at Sydney.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!