TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #415
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
So basically, in your and others' opinions (to not offend ) basically her manager is just a money hungry dictator and calls all the shots without having a clue?

It might be too much to ask but do you know any articles etc I could look at to look into this more? I don't expect you to have them offhand but if you ever have free time or something.

Thanks for the reply.
Whew Boy!

There are threads on here with loads of debates, quotes, links, stories, Petra team insights and articles over the past year.

Her manager is Czech. And he runs many Czech events (Prague 100k, ExtraLiga, and Czech Fed and Davis Cup). Hes' also runs the famous Prostojev Club (including formative years, Juniors and all levels of tennis, up to professional players and quasi teams). Plus he's Petra, Lucie Safarova, and Tomas Berdych's manager, as well as involved or in cahoots, with local and national politics and politicians.

So because of all this he has a big ego, with many conflicts of interest, and always wants Petra to participate in his various events, regardless of Petra's schedule, recent success and even (end of last season), her health.

There's just too much. Trust me.

As far as her team. Her Manger, strongly alluded in a article (that was posted her in her subforum), that he's the one that selects Petra's team members, and blatantly stated he could convince her to play in events, that Petra hadn't committed to yet (which he benefits from of course). Recently (in a article that was posted her as well), Petra's coach, when asked about his job security, basically blew it off, and said he should stay longer, before he mentioned it was Petra's decision.

Basically, Petra Manager, only chooses Czech's and Slovak's that are connected to his network, and loyal to him. Here in lies the problem. Her team members have made some terrible and repeated mistakes, many times seeming clueless (about game strategy, managing Petra and her asthma, goal setting, proper practice--with out injuring her, how/where to heal from illnesses during the tennis season, etc.).

Ahhh. IT's just so much.

If you want the gist off it. There was a long post, that I wrote in response to UncleSilas on GM, that would give you a great backgrounder (outside of going through the threads here). I don't remember the title or origin of the post. It may have been around Brisbane, but I don't remember.

If you want articles or links. You can find them here. Just browse through the post or pre-match articles posted (and their links), especially the Czech ones, where Petra's and her team members, are usually more honest. That will give you an idea of her team.

There was a recent CZECH ARTICLE posted here. This one reinforces how both Petra is currently mental and physically fragile; her coach has no answers, and her new fitness coach (which many of us here ridiculed during his announcement), has created problems with Petra's stroke and game (probably as a result of Petra's reduced rest and preparation, coming out of her illness, but nonetheless playing Fed Cup, an Exo and Czech Extraliga), which is what we heard previously, from another article.

But I promise you. Nothing that we discuss as actual Petra/Petra tam member events are made up here. Petra and her team, are usually quite candidate about what's not working, and what they don't do.

Believe it or not. I just wrote as little as possible. And I don't know, if I said much, due to all that I detailed in that response to UncleSilas.

If/when I get the chance, I'll try to find it (along with any recent articles). You can do the same as well. It's quite long(my response to UncleSilas), so you'll know it when you see it. Cause Uncle Silas (like you), asked me a couple of times...I tried to be polite and respectful; until he asked a few more times, and I finally told him.

Nonetheless, like I said, you can find many good links (or copy and paste jobs) here, that can give you good information, especially the Czech ones, like I said.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote