TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1631
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
No, that's not going to happen. I love Serena a lot, but nobody can win 6 Slams in a row, not Graf, Federer, Evert or Navratilova. Serena wont play every match on her highest level throughout the year and someone will eventually beat at a Slam (almost surely at the FO).
That's my point though. As great as those past number ones were, they always had rivals that had the talent and ability to compete with them and beat them on any given day, with surface being a huge factor.

But that's not the case with Serena. Nobody is in her universe, let alone neighborhood. The old logic doesn't apply to her. She's rewriting the rules and history of tennis. You want to point to clay as her weakness. Well, Justine Henin isn't walking onto that court anymore. Who's the best clay courter today? Based on last year, you'd have to say Maria is, and do you really think Serena is scared of Maria on clay or any surface? It really says a lot about that state of women's tennis that Maria, of all people, dominated the clay. So if Maria can do that, you can bet Serena is motivated to match that.

I actually think the French is the most likely she'll win because it's been 11 years since she won there and she wants to make up for last year's first round loss. And when Serena wants something, she gets it.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote