TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #361
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Totally agree with the part in bold. I've been saying it for more though - that they should have someone writing down the details of every point of every match she plays and entering it in a spreadsheet. See from the data - not what people think - exactly what is happening, where she's winning points and matches and where she's losing points and matches.

In fact the two things I wish Caro would do are:
  1. Hire someone to record the stats of every point she plays (and put it all in a spreadsheet) - and that is more than the crude W/UE etc.
  2. Get a serve coach. Just that one aspect of her game she might actually keep him - well more chance of keeping him than if he were a coach like TJ and Sanchez of her whole game.
Going back to her last match and her serve: In the second set - she got a cheap point with a really good serve from the deuce side and it was served out wide. But that was just one in the whole set. I wish she'd served a few more out wide like that. She can hit good serves there. Of course - if she doesn't get her 1st serve in her 2nd serve is a problem. But her 2nd serve was always attackable and a problem even in her heyday - and she managed it then somehow and still got all those wins and won when it got tight.

I think against Sveta if she could play like she did after 0-1 for the 1st half of the second set - she was really playing well then and took control of many points and hit her winners then. When she then went totally passive in the 2nd half of the set (and she wasn't even using that great backhand she has) just getting the ball back - well ... Of course I certainly don't want UEs to creep into Caro's game but when she played really well at the start of the 2nd set after 0-1 - she'd cleared up those UEs and hit just as few UEs then as when she went totally passive at the end.
I hope they take each shot seriously enough that they have someone doing statistics.
I know they give an image where Caroline runs to the golf course to watch, and Rory sits around during Caroline's practices, but they both have to be taking their careers more seriously than it looks
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!