TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #1615
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
My quasi-fiction, half-serious theory about the Maria-Serena history of matches is that the turning point in Serena's favor was when Maria blew two match points in the AO 2005 semifinal.
That would have made three consecutive victories for Maria, all of them in major tournaments and I somehow think it would have left more confidence in Maria that she can seriously challenge Serena any time (who, by the way, did not win another title until.....AO 2007).
It's a pure conjecture, clearly.....
i wanted so much they both would have met in that 4th round of AO 2006, but Hantuchova captured a huge scalp in her career (which was great for her) beating Serena, but i remember that i wanted Serena to win because she would play Maria next round and i knew that Daniela was not going to beat Maria

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote