TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Watch out for Petra Kvitova

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #286
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Unfortunately, it's not just the physical that lost her that match. Petra had more than enough chances, and was certainly in the drivers seat to close it out, and was actually winning most of the longer rallies.

Petra has many problems now. You can see her confidence, anticipation, instincts, serve, returns, groundstrokes, strategy, brains/strategy, etc., have all diminished or fell off this year as well, outside of anything physical.

However, it is correct to ask: "What the hell was Petra and her team doing during the off season!?"

Unfortunately (especially based on Petra's post game comments after Sydney, regarding her new Fitness coach), I think the end of Petra's season last year while ill/recovering (Playing Fed Cup, Exo and Czech Extraliga), cut into her rest and preparation time, as I been saying.
Well I believe that all these factors you mentioned depend on a good physical condition. If you are out of breath, your anticipation, your instincts and every other parts of your game are below average. A strong stamina creates a strong confidence.