TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #402
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
Ex, you're exactly right. I hate to sound like a downer, but I expected Petra to lose just given everything...and quite frankly, i'm tired of all the overly optimistic comments/excuses Petra keeps on making...saying that she had a great off season...and that her goals are just to keep on improving...i mean really...she's been saying this since 2011! ugh, she needs to get real and start thinking about what kind of tennis career she wants to have...

It's like...will this loss finally be the wake up call that Petra needs?!?! It just seems like she's not willing to put in the work and dedication to optimize her talent/skills. It's seeming more and more likely that Petra may have a Kuznetsova or Ivanovic like career...which is just too unfortunate...
her goal is just to stay healthy

Sveta has two slams