TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #398
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

To be honest, Petra can have a thousand psychologists/mental coaches and get a million advice on how to cope with stress/pressure/asthma/uncertainty but at the end of the day, she's the only one who will actualize those pieces of advice both on- and off-court (I'm not trying to suggest that a psychologist is futile, quite the contrary). It is beneficial for a number of reasons. The most significant thing that should uplift her mental strength (and this is just my opinion) is through winning tight matches, ESPECIALLY when she is not playing well and/or when she is experiencing asthma and/or when she is improvising on court. I believe in the phrases: 'Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing' (Oscar Wilde) and 'Experience is the teacher of all things' (Julius Caesar). Through vanquishing her own nightmares on court, comes mental fortitude. Right now, she has two opponents on court, her physical contender (which is her opponent) and a mental contender (which is her mentality).
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote