TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Digesting the big, dreaded double bagel

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #77
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Digesting the big, dreaded double bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

Does anyone else besides me think some players or types of style tend towards more bagels?

I always thought that a controlled baseline game, one based on consistency, often produces lopsided game scores. Someone who serves and volleys often needs to find their "range". IMO it's easier to make an error or two when playing forcing tennis.
My two cents: Players with great anticipation and concentration, no matter what their style, will be more likely to bake bagels. And a certain temperament is needed. Some players either really do want every game/point, although sometimes a kind of obliviousness can also lead to it.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote